Study the Bible on Your Android Mobile, Tablet or Chromebook
Read the bible and refer to commentaries wherever you are.
And Bible is an open source, offline, totally free Bible application with no advertisements to enable as many people in all countries to read, listen to, and study Scripture as easily as possible and with the greatest personal blessing.
- Bibles, Commentaries, Theological Dictionaries, Maps, and Christian books in over 700 languages
- Off-line for everything after initial download including search, notes, commentaries, etc.
- Interface in Chinese, Russian, German, French, Hungarian, Czech, Polish, Hebrew, Hindi, ...
- Various Bible reading plans
- Totally free, no ads, no e-mails
- Over 40 English Bibles including KJV and NET (ESV used to be here too, and we are figuring out how we could get it back)
- 29 Bible commentaries
- Extensive dictionary and Christian book collection
- All documents legally distributed (the reason documents like NKJV and NIV are not available)
- Strong's integration allows Greek and Hebrew word analysis
- Split screen
- Write personal notes
- Select any interface language from a list of over 25
- Flexible search
- Maps of the bible lands
- Listen to any document read out for you
- Automatic scrolling, automatic day/night mode
- Compare all Bible translations on a single screen
- One of the fastest Bible apps on Android
- Open source - improve or change the code if you like
- Uses the powerful JSword engine from CrossWire
We are all volunteers; we don't send out nagging e-mails; don't display annoying advertisements; never ask for or receive donations; don't ask for registration; And Bible does not collect any data from your mobile.
This bible downloads bible documents and uses software from the CrossWire web-site.
The provenance of all documents is thoroughly researched to ensure all documents can be legally distributed or permission has been granted by the copyright holder. That is also the reason And Bible can not contain documents like NIV and NKJV.
The And Bible Discussion Group allows you to ask questions or discuss And Bible features.
Alternatively e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Translation of user interfaces:
If you would like to contribute a new translation or update an existing translation it is easier now than ever before. We use a simple translation tool named Transifex. To get started, please see our Wiki page for translators.
Suggest features and discuss current feature plans
User experience is important for us. You can be involved in future development by contributing to the feature planning in Github Issue Tracker. You may submit new feature requests or comment on currently planned features.
If you find a problem then please report it in the And Bible Issue Tracker. If you can analyze, debug or even conribute a fix that would be even better.
Code enhancements are welcome for review and possible inclusion in the next build. Please email And Bible Support to discuss development work you are considering.